User Tools

Site Tools


TOG - Agenda, May 23, 2017

  1. Local Arrangements/Opening Remarks (Bezrukovs, Vicente)
  2. Approval & last minute additions to Agenda (all)
  3. Acceptance of minutes from last meeting (all) Minutes St. Petersburg meeting
  4. Review of Action Items from last meeting (all; see Action Items from last meeting )
  5. Review of Permanent Action Items (all; see Permanent Action Items)
  6. Reliability/Performance of the EVN
    • Reliability/Performance of the EVN (Blanchard/Campbell)
    • NME results (Blanchard/Campbell)
    • Feedback from last sessions (Blanchard/Campbell)
  7. Amplitude Calibration
    • Quality of calibration (Blanchard)
    • Continuous cal: availability at stations (Vicente)
    • antabfs script (Vicente)
  8. VLBI backends
    • DBBC2 firmware issues: V105E and PFB modes (all).
    • Other VLBI backends: DPV, DAS R1002,
  9. Recorders: Mark 5,6, Flexbuf
    • VDIF available for DAS R1002, KDAS, CDAS? Would require usage of Mar5C.
    • jive5ab & m5copy news? (Verkouter)
    • Status: Mark 5A/B/B+/C software, firmware, SDK9 (all)
    • Disk inventory and purchase status (Vicente, all)
    • Flexbuff status (all)
    • Possible flexbuff upgrades: more space
  10. Stations
    • eMerlin in the EVN.
  11. EVLBI
    • Current correlator capabilities and future ones.
    • KVAZAR network integration in the eVLBI. Dates.
    • 2 Gbps in the remaining stations.
    • Potential longer eVLBI sessions (Gunn?)
  12. Technical Developments
    • Improvement of PCAL Signal Distribution on RT-32 Radio Telescopes of «Quasar» VLBI Network
    • 4 Gbps status. Last tests (Vicente)
    • m5copy graphical tool for transfers (Eldering)
    • Auxiliary scripts. Central repository? (Vicente)
    • DBBC3. Current status, backwards compatibility and available firmware (Alef)
    • BRAND (Alef)
    • Future backends compatibility: BRAS, CDAS2, DPV, DBBC3
    • Uniboard.
    • 4 Gbps eVLBI tests
  13. JIVE
    • Technical Operations and R&D at JIVE, (Szomoru)
  14. LBO (was NRAO VLBA)
    • LBO status report (?)
  15. Haystack
    • Haystack status report (?)
    • RDBEG features (Ruszczyk).
    • R2DBE status (Ruszczyk).
  16. Field System, status and new features
    • Status report, new developments (Himwich)
  17. Long term future
    • Technological developments for the future. How should we prepare: 1 GHz IFs? Optical fibers from Rxs?
    • Wide bands
    • DBBC3 tests
    • DBBC3 implementation at the FS
  18. Jumping JIVE
    • WPs
  19. Date and place of the next TOG meeting
  20. AOB
na/sustainability/tog/2017_05/tog-agenda-2018-1.txt · Last modified: 2018/09/28 08:02 by pdvicente